(what is a now page?)
I don’t update this page too much. I’m figuring out what my desired online presence looks like.
- being a husband, father, and software engineer
- running 3x/week, lifting 2x/week
- looking for a place to pick up judo or sumo
- Tears of the Kingdom
planning to play
strong opinions, weakly held
Idea stolen from Devon Zuegel, this is a list of things that I believe…
- I agree with Socrates when he said No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
- I believe that you don’t need to have an opinion on everything, yet this is what the internet wants us to do, because of “engagement”. If your first instinct on learning a surface level fact is to react to it, you need to take a step back. Your first instinct should either be to not be concerned with it, or to try to learn more.
- Late stage capitalism is a fucking crime and the ultra rich should be eaten.
- Depend on skills, not tools. Learn how to do things, how to make things, so that when you don’t have perfect (or any) tools, you can still accomplish what you want or need to.
- Work can roughly be split into two categories: problem solving and rote execution. We currently live in a society where the former is lauded - programmers like myself, think tanks, inventors, and similar are seen as enlightened, morally just individuals, while laborers and craftspeople are seen as somehow lesser. Execution of repetitive tasks with excellence is missing from a lot of peoples lives and it would make all of us happier if we could split our lives between the two.